I think this would be a good thing to talk about on Wednesdays. It’s a mid-way point of the week, and I’m not ready to talk about exercise things until Friday. I really do want to get back to blogging on a more consistent basis now that life is a little more stable.
Since today is quiet, I was watching BooksandLala’s video on reading 116 pages every day for a month. It got me thinking about doing a book challenge like that for myself. As a book person, I have gotten through only 11 books this year. My goal is 150 books for the year; last year, I got through 246 books total. Granted there were several graphic novels in that list.
The way the challenge goes: take how many pages you got through in 2018, divide it by 365 and that’s the page number goal for the next 30 days (March 6 to April 5). Last year, I got through 77,898 pgs! So math:
77,898 / 365 = 213.41 pages a day.
I rounded up so I need to read 214 pages a day, so for the month, I have to read 6,420 pages. That’s more than I’ve gotten through in the last few months. So for this, I wanted to get through my library books first. Most books can be found on my Goodreads March TBR list:
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden—I’m currently reading this. I started this morning at page 177 so should hopefully be done with this by tomorrow. The quote of the day is from this book and is super relevant to my life right now.
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Archenemies by Marissa Meyer
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
- In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer —Currently also reading. I’m not sure how many pages I have left in this book
- The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth
- The Secret Ingredients of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell
- Paper Girls #5 by Brian Vaughn
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
- Escaping Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
- The Immortals by Jordanna Max Brodsky
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
Audiobooks don’t count for this challenge, at least for mine.
So here’s to an awesome sort of challenge and I’ll update this throughout the next 30 days with a final total on April 6th.
Listening to: Booktube!
Quote of the Day: “Love is for those who know the griefs of time, for it goes hand in hand with loss. An eternity, so burdened, would be a torment. And yet—” He broke off, drew breath. “Yet what else to call it, this terror and this joy?” ― Katherine Arden, The Winter of the Witch