Before the end of today, I wanted to get this posted.
Last year, especially the last few weeks, were interesting, and not in a great sort of way. But the book of 2017 is done; has been for 19, almost 20 hours. What all got listed on the first day of the year? A lot. What needs to get done? Getting ready to go back to work/school tomorrow. Everything else is done.
Speaking of done:
- Read 155 books Knocked the Day Zero Challenge and started working towards 200 books.
- Go camping
- Lost 100 lbs
- Published a novel
- Started a Booktube channel
- Took a Cooking class
- Joined the Y
- Tried 10 new recipes from Pinterest
- Wrote a letter to myself to be opened at the end of 1001 days Have to find it since we moved.
- Made Prefect within HRC
- Collected 200 postcards
- Sent 200 postcards
- Ran a 5k
- Ran a 10k
- Ran a half marathon 2 actually
- Completed Maryland’s King Crab Challenge
- Donated our unused/too big clothes to Goodwill
- Completed Dave Ramsey’s financial classes
- Get rid of 100 things
- Make a Super Epic Rainbow Cake
- Went to Disney’s Food and Wine Festival
- Got our passports
- Bought a new bed
- Completed 30 miles in 30 days Did 34 intentional miles in two weeks. Loved that challenge.
- No alcohol for a month
- Bought a house
- Painted something cool
- Went on a scavenger hunt in Charleston, SC
- Watch our middle son graduate Marine bootcamp
- Watched a drag show at Baltimore’s Pride Festival
That’s a lot. Definitely not all that I wanted to accomplish by far, but that’s a lot.
- Graduate College 9 classes to go
- Publish another novel
- Read 100 more books Bringing total number up books read for Day Zero Project to 262+
- Build emergency funds back up
- Submit a short story for a contest
- Get commitment tattoos
- Reach 2018 miles as a team
- Make Prefect within HRC
- No fast food for a month
- Take a self-defense class
- Plant a tree
- Try kickboxing
- Do Mentos and Diet Coke Challenge
- Save all our change for the year
- Donate our unused/too big clothes to Goodwill
- Treat us to a spa day
- Get rid of 100 things
- Visit Boston
- Go on a cruise
- Visit Mom’s grave
- Finish a cross stitch project
- Take a pole dancing class
- Dress up for Halloween
- Complete a 1000 piece puzzle
- Say yes to something I normally wouldn’t do
- Take a Thai cooking class
- Take guitar lessons
- Read 20 books recommended by 20 other people
- Weigh under 200 lbs
- Finish laser hair removal on face
- Audition for a role in a play
- Complete the 30 day Unsent letter challenge
Some of these are my Day Zero things; some are not. There are 619 days left in my Day Zero Project to accomplish 72 more things.
Let’s get the party started!
Happy New Year!