Happy All Soul’s Day!
Today, for some of us, is the start of a new year. For others, it’s just another day closer to the holiday season. For some of us still, today starts National Novel Writer’s Month, of which I am participating in. I’m also in the camp that uses today as the start to a new year, a new beginning and the opportunity to let go of everything negative that has happened in the last 10 months and start over.
Last month, yesterday especially, I have been very negative. I didn’t even do October goals last month because I was just not with it. Today, I am with it because, like I said, I am choosing to let go of everything negative and focus my energies on something else. Negative things will happen, but today is mine.
The Day Zero Goals I completed last month were:
- Disney’s Food and Wine Festival. Ray and I went at the beginning of October. We made it all the way around and I was mostly sober. I was walking back to where she was sitting one time with plates from two countries. If you have ever been able to go on vacation with the person you are spending the rest of your life with, you’ll understand the feeling you get when you turn the corner and they are looking at you with love in their eyes, even when what you are doing isn’t something they would have done themselves. Best feeling in the world. Also, FB showed pictures from three years ago this week, from the last time I went. I look so different from those pictures.
- Read 100 books. I actually started this up again since I’m at 110 books right now with two more I’m currently reading.
Non-Day Zero things from last month:
- Miles reached: 924.97. 384.03 miles to Rauros!
- Weight lost: 6.6
- Books read: 13
- Blog Posts: 3
- Vlog Posts: 10
- Complete King Crab Challenge on 10/21/17
November’s goals are fairly straight forward: lots of writing, vlog, reading, and working (mostly in that order).
- Reach 1050+ miles.
- Lose at least 5 lbs.
- 10 blog posts.
- 10 books.
- 10 vlogs.
- Complete The Y’s Idle Ironman Triatholon.
- Complete a first draft during National Novel Writer’s Month.
- Complete five of the eight Hogwarts Running Club Virtual Races.
- Complete eight challenges in November’s Read-A-Thin.
- Sign up for Run the Edge 2018.
- Host Thanksgiving.
That seems like a lot, and honestly, it is. But there isn’t anything on here that I would take off. It’s all important to me so I’m going to do it.
Wish me luck!
Listening to: Staind via Amazon Music
Quote of the Day: “People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don’t know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to.” – George Allen, Sr.